Clementine Marijuana Strain Information and Review
Remember when you walked through an orange grove right after it rained? Me neither. But smoking Clementine is as close as it gets to that feeling, if not better! A hybrid strain with a potent citrus punch, Clementine is like the morning sunrise in a bud, energizing and uplifting. Get ready to dive into the cannabis…
Written by Galina Boeva
Date: 2023-07-06 15:26:41
Type: 30% Indica / 70% Sativa
Genetic: Tangie x Lemon Skunk
THC: 18 – 22%
CBD: 0.3 – 0.6%
Terpenes: Myrcene, Pinene, Terpinolene
Flowering Time: 56 – 63 days
Indoor Yield: 0.8 – 1 oz/ft²
Outdoor Yield: 13 – 15 oz/plant
Effects: Creative, Energetic, Happy, Uplifted
Flavors/Taste: Citrus, Clementine, Orange, Sweet
Clementine Weed Strain Genetics
Every strain has a story to tell, and Clementine cannabis strain is no exception.
This zesty weed is more than just a pretty face; it has impressive genetics to match.
Origins and Lineage
This is a sativa-dominant hybrid created by the renowned Crockett Family Farms, a result of crossing Tangie and Lemon Skunk.
The same people who won awards for their work decided to create a strain that’s like a bowl of fruit salad. Talk about a win-win situation!
The history of this weed is a lot like me trying to grow my first plant – not too long but filled with triumphs.
This strain hit the scene around 2014 and has been a fan favorite ever since, even bagging second place for Best Sativa Concentrate at the 2015 High Times Cannabis Cup in Michigan.
If that doesn’t convince you to try this strain, I don’t know what will.
Imagine opening a bag and finding a colorful masterpiece inside.
Buds have deep green and purple hues with golden pistils.
Just like the fruit, this strain is a sight for sore eyes.
Plus, the frosty trichomes give it an almost ethereal look.
You might find yourself just admiring the buds instead of smoking them!
Is Clementine Indica or Sativa?
While it has a citrusy punch that could wake up an Indica-lover at midnight, it’s not all energy and focus.
It is a sativa-dominant hybrid, meaning it packs a euphoric high while also leaving you relaxed.
It’s a bit like doing yoga but without complicated poses.
Cannabinoids and Terpenes
This is like a cocktail of cannabinoids and terpenoids that hits all the right notes. It’s more than just CBD and THC content; it’s a symphony.
Terpenoids profile is dominated by terpinolene, myrcene, and pinene.
You know that wonderful smell you get when you peel an orange? That’s terpinolene for you, and it has it in droves!
THC and CBD levels
With THC levels ranging from 18% to 22%, this is like a power-packed citrus blast.
But don’t worry CBD enthusiasts; you’re not left out.
Although the CBD levels are relatively low (below 0.6%), there is a presence of other cannabinoids like CBG, which can provide a more rounded effect.
Aroma and Flavor
Every puff is like taking a bite out of a juicy orange without sticky fingers.
It has a sweet taste and a lemony aroma that’s as refreshing as a glass of OJ at brunch.
And don’t forget the subtle skunk notes that add complexity to this otherwise fruit-forward strain.
Clementine Strain Effects and Medical Benefits
The best way to describe effects of this weed is like waking up on a Sunday morning with nothing to do.
It’s an uplifting and energizing strain suitable for daytime use and wake-and-bake sessions or when you need to focus your third eye.
The high from it leaves smoker feeling euphoria, relaxation and focus just like you’d expect from a sativa hybrid.
However, with great power comes great responsibility.
It’s not recommended for bedtime use, as it can leave users alert or overstimulated.
While this weed is a lot like a refreshing morning hike, it can occasionally turn into a downhill sprint.
Some users may experience anxiety, paranoia, or headaches, mainly when consumed in more significant amounts.
Clementine Strain Helps With
Medically, it is often used to help with conditions like ADHD, anxiety, chronic pain, migraines, stress, and depression.
While it’s not a magic pill, it sure beats the taste of cough syrup!
Now that we’ve explored beauty of it let’s discuss how to grow this wonder.
Remember, a happy plant means a happy you.
These seeds produce medium to large-sized plants that can be grown indoor and outdoor.
Whether you’re a professional grower or just starting out, it can turn your grow space into a mini paradise.
This is a relatively easy plant to grow.
These plants are more like me at a buffet – they need lots of feeding and care, but they repay you with abundant yields.
Indoor and Outdoor Growing Info
While it can be grown indoors and outdoors, its colas thrive under semi-humid climates and indoor conditions where temperature and humidity can be better controlled.
As the plant can grow quite tall, it requires regular pruning and trimming to keep its height and shape under control.
When feeding plants, think of it like a newborn baby.
Lots of food, but in the proper proportions.
Ensuring a nutrient-rich feed can lead to healthy growth and bountiful yields.
Flowering Time and Yield of Clementine Seeds
These plants have a flowering time of 8 to 9 weeks when grown indoors, and by the time they’re done, you will have yields that makes all the effort worthwhile.
Harvesting usually begins mid-October but can extend to early November.
Indoor yield range from 0.8 to 1 oz per square foot, while outdoor yield range from 13 to 15 oz per plant.
Comparison of Alternatives to Clementine Strain
As much as I rave about this weed, I understand that sometimes you might want to try something a bit different.
Variety is the spice of life, after all!
Here are a few others somewhat similar to Clementine strain, each with their unique twist.
- Clementine Punch – First up is Clementine Punch, which is like Clementine’s more laid-back cousin. Thanks to its Purple Punch genetics, it’s got that same delicious lemony flavor but with a bit more of an Indica lean. This cannabis is like a lazy Sunday afternoon – calming and relaxing.
- Mimosa – Next up is Mimosa, a cannabis that’s just as bubbly as its namesake beverage. This cannabis has a fruity, lemony flavor profile that’s sure to put a smile on your face. It’s like a perfect brunch date without the awkward small talk.
- Tangie – This is like it’s hipster sibling. It’s got that same mood boosting, lemony vibe but with a bit more of a tropical kick. This cannabis is like a day at the beach – full of sunshine and positive vibes.
- Pineapple Express – Pineapple Express is like a zip line through a tropical forest. It has a sweet, tropical flavor profile balanced out by a calming and mildly sedative effect. It’s all the fun, without the fear of heights!
- Purple Punch – Purple Punch is what happens when you cross a relaxing weed with a fruit cocktail. It is sweet, calming, and perfect for a chill evening. It’s like a cozy sweater on a cold day – comforting and warm.
- Agent Orange – Agent Orange is a bit like it’s mysterious, cool older sibling. It has a strong lemony flavor profile but with a bit more complexity and a slightly more relaxing effect. It is captivating and intriguing, like a good book on a rainy day.
- Blueberry Clementine – Blueberry Clementine strain is what happens when you combine citrusy punch with the sweet, fruity notes of Blueberry. This is like a fruit salad – vibrant, refreshing, and oh-so-delicious.
- Lemon Skunk – Last but not least, we have Lemon Skunk. As you might guess from the name, this is all about that citrusy skunk aroma. It’s a weed when you’re feeling adventurous and want something a bit out of the ordinary.
Remember, everyone’s cannabis journey is unique, so feel free to try out different strains and see what works best for you! And remember to have fun along the way.
Is Clementine a sativa or indica?
It is a sativa dominant hybrid with a 30%/70% Indica-to-Sativa ratio.
Written by Galina Boeva
Date: 2023-07-06 15:26:41
Table of Content